Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other First hand coded web site. Any thoughts welcome

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Russ_p1980

Hi

I’m currently working on a new web site for my company. I’ve finally got the basic design of the site up and working with just a couple of small ie bugs to work out. This is my first experience of hand coding a web site, this site is a lot of firsts for me actually, first time using XHTML, first time using CSS and first time using WordPress (the news section). Any and all comments and/or opinions would be greatly received. Next goal is to see if I can use some jQuery to display some fancy content!

anyway check out the link and let me know what you think.

http://www.mechtronic.ltd.uk/test

Cheers

Russ

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Very nice Ross. Big props on the very very clear navigation and connection to the main content.

ikthius

very well done.

clear content, not too much waste of space (yet) for the header… (I say yet, cause it depends on how much content you are going to put in it, big headers sometime waste it for me)
    good design graphics.

kudos to you

butch
    Participant

Really nice job.

Just what is that little circle thing down at the bottom of the page?

jingjang

it look cool :0

Russ_p1980
    "butch" wrote:
    Really nice job.

Just what is that little circle thing down at the bottom of the page?

Its the secondary logo and I agree that its not very clear, I’m revisiting the footer at the moment actually. Should be sorted soon.

Thanks for every one who has commented, its really appreciated.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.