Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Firefox only layout issue – only time ever I’ve had that problem!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    jenycz

Hello CSS-Tricksters. I am in dire need of you guys help. I have a site http://www.socialnetworkmd.com and on Firefox (out of what I’ve tested) for some reason it adds this blank spacing before the header portion of the site and it’s only on the homepage. When you go to any other page the weird spacing disappears. It just started last night and I didn’t notice it until this afternoon.

I’ve analyzed it to death with FireBug and looked over my code so many times my head is going to explain! Any help is much appreciated.

– Jack

TheDoc

Things are way off in Chrome in the header.

I also can’t seem to find what is causing that push down. Hate that frustrating feeling! I’m sure somebody else will be able to see what I can’t.

jamygolden

I’m not sure exactly what it is, but add
    overflow: hidden;
    to the <nav> to solve it :p

noahgelman
    Participant

Get rid of the margin-top on your

You’re welcome

noahgelman
    Participant

Oh, overflow:hidden on the nav works too, jamy_za is right.

Multiple answers to a css bug? Fancy

TheDoc

Noah – awesome find on the footer margin.

noahgelman
    Participant

Due to me having to constantly debug my crappy sites when starting out, debugging html/css is one of my strong points, if not my only one, lol. My jquery/javascript is still pretty novice and I barely know any php

Why either of the above solutions works is beyond me however. He has so many nested divs that I don’t care enough to find out. Margin and overflow don’t really relate to each other too much so both properties solving the problem is a bit unusual.

Although I believe it’s some kind of margin/nested div issue that’s causing it to be pushed down. Like how you give a header top margin it pushes the whole body down since it has nothing to push off of.

jenycz

Thanks guys! And yes, the site has a ton of nested divs – which is why they finally got a real web developer!

jenycz

Actually looking back they’re all nested inside of

and

so it wasn’t that bad to begin with. Still have no idea why removing a margin from the footer affected the header, but who in the world knows.
    jenycz

*nested inside of

Author
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.