Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Firefox 4 Error

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    seanroberts

Hello guys, I am trying to diagnose a problem with a navigation bar. The site is http://www.divers-supply.com

It works fine in all of my browser testing. However, I just built a new 64 bit computer and with FF4 It is dropping down the last “li” “Shop By Brand” . I am wondering if this is just a css error or if its a browser setting issue. My zoom is reset and my font size is set to allow the webpage to dictate how big the font-size is. Any ideas?

chrisburton
    Participant

Everything is inline with FF4 for me.

seanroberts

That is what I thought. Firefox does not even have a 64bit version. I am thinking its a dumb setting I am missing. I also tested my resolution, and it did not change anything.

chrisburton
    Participant

Can you screenshot?

seanroberts

Divers Supply Screen Shot of Navigation

chrisburton
    Participant

It’s fine in the following browsers:

• Safari
    • Chrome
    • FF4
    • IE7+

I’m not quite sure why it isn’t functioning on your end. But you should try validating these errors.

seanroberts

Possibly. And to be honest with you I took over this project in November and its been a bear to get where its at now. So I appreciate your help Chris and I will keep looking into a solution for this. If you find anything on it let me know. Thanks buddy.

chrisburton
    Participant

You’re Welcome. If it were me, I would go through the whole code on a weekend, get rid of some of the junk CSS. I see a class of rounded (.rounded) that is pointless among others. Organize it more so its readable and quick to sort through.

intodesign
    Participant

Sounds familiar..
    I just asked this question before that i’m seeing something wrong only with the FF4
    something about the spacing.. and others replied that everything is good.

However, I don’t like so far Firefox 4…

chrisburton
    Participant

I am actually in the middle of designing my own site. I forgot about one issue I had, personaly.

When I compared:
    Chrome –> Firefox 3.6 = Same

Chrome –> Firefox 4 = Quite a difference in line-height

( I don’t believe this is an issue relevant to yours but I wanted to point it out )

seanroberts

Agreed. Thank you guys I appreciate your input.

seanroberts

But just so I am clear… is the navigation working ok for everyone else?

Brightonmike

All cool and dandy here, including on FF4.

As a side note, I’m really not a big fan of FF4. IE9s interface sucks, but FF4s is truly diabolical, I never know where to click to find my menus, my bookmarks etc. It’s just rubbish.

chrisburton
    Participant

A lot of browsers are hiding all that junk for a more fullscreen look. Although, there are options to show them if you choose.

seanroberts

Yes in reference to your side note, I like the look and feel of FF4. But I do find myself in the same situation, wondering where I need to click. However, if I can’t find it the new way, with the orange button, I just show the menu toolbar and do it the classic way. Then switch it back.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.