Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Firefox 4 displaces position of various links

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    harsha20071

Hi,
    I just updated my Firefox from 4.0 rc1 to 4.0.
    When I open my site in it I suddenly find that my Signout , profile links are displaced as shown in the images below.

Links displaced in FF 4

They should be placed like this:

Correct Position

The problem also occurs in some other places in the website like:

Footer Links displaced

Correct Position of Footer Links

However this never happened until 4 rc1 or any Firefox versions below it.The links seem to be at the right place in Safari,Chrome,IE 6 -9 (IE 5 :( ).
    I used relative positioning of the links to place them where I wanted.
    Please help , I have no idea .Firebug shows all valid values for them and I have no knowledge of this.
    Thanks in advance

TheLeggett

Weird. Can you provide a link to the page?

harsha20071

Hi TheLeggett,
    The reason for me not able to provide links is that this site is actually hosted on intranet in my Univ.
    BTW thanks for your quick reply.

TheLeggett

Maybe someone else knows about an obvious change in Fx versions that would cause this. I really couldn’t say without seeing the code myself.

My immediate instinct would be to check padding/margin/line-height on those elements and their containers.

harsha20071

I just edited the code and made the display inline instead of block in header n footer and a few tweaks here and there made it work.
    I just wanted to know if there was a change in FF 4 that was doing this.
    Thanks anyway.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

That’s pretty crazy, seems highly unlikely that from RC1 to stable there would be any change in position stuff. I know it’s a lot of work but whittling it down to a reduced test case is the best way to go about issues like this. During that process you’ll either figure out it was something you did, or get you to an example which is really obvious what the bug is and will help the Mozilla dev team tremendously in getting it fixed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.