Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Fine French Resturant website. Feedback?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Luminated

What do you guys think?

http://www.chateaulin.com

TheDoc

Don’t have time to do a full review at the moment, but just wanted to say that I absolutely love the Facebook wine bottle in the footer!

eagle1984

beautiful graphic design look great

Luminated

Thanks guys! :)

zackw

id make the paper under the red ink dab a little bit darker to give it more contrast its hard to see on my monitor at least, or maybe some kind of shadow to make it pop off the site so it doesn’t look so flat

npellegrino
    Participant

Very clean, superb! I love it :) The footer and top header look super clean.

seeingsound

cufon { text-indent: 0!important }
    Opera don’t like it ( horizontal scrollbar, but only on front page ). text-indent: 1 is ok.

Luminated

At an average 2% usage and when even IE likes it, its yet another reason why I think Opera is a waste of code. ;) But thanks for the heads up, I’ll look into that.

Thanks for the good words guys. I’ll see about playing with the contrast. Every monitor is so different nowadays but so far all the ones I’ve checked it on look great…also, thanks for the heads up, zackw.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I like the facebook wine bottle as well. I think if you add the red wine color on hover to the “f”, it would look even better.

Luminated

Great suggestion! Thanks!

kevsyers
    Participant

Overall you have a solid site. The one thing that sticks out to me (design wise) the most is the side bar. There doesn’t seem to be a clear distinction between the individual elements. Also the section that has “Restaurant – Wine – Bistro” I would work on clarifying that each one of those is click-able.

Also on the events page I would either bump up the speed on the transition of the image or allow for the viewer to click through it themselves. (I think this is on the homepage too).

The photography is awesome I would like to see a gallery in general.

Good site though

hardik

classic at the same time awesome,
    garamond font’s giving nice effect.

noahgelman
    Participant

In the quote about dining, after the word ‘if’ it looks like it has two spaces instead of one.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.