Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Finally I might be finished :D

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    leehughes

Well,

It’s been a journey but am happy to say that am almost finished ..

Just need to re write my website etc but please have a look http://www.leehughes.co.uk

Thoughts? improvements?

Many thanks :D

Rob MacKay
    Participant

Awesome adventure lee, I grew up in Ellesmere Port – so you have my support! :-)

I think it sometimes feels a little text heavy – and also having the text centred doesn’t really help much.

also the highlighted hover text colour is quite dark, and on my monitor can feel a little lost.

If I was going to change anything, I would give a bold statement as a "hook" on the home page to get people interested, once people catch a part of the vision you have they will want to read the rest of the site. This means taking away the big block of text on the home page. :)

Just some thoughts :)

– Rob

leehughes

Hi Rob..

Thanks for the feedback..

Yeah am re- writing the website already so those centered bits shall be going..

I thought about that about the links.. I will look into different colours :)

I will have a think about the hook page.. sounds interesting :)

Thanks

TheDoc

Lee, what a difference the shorter width makes! Looks better already! You’ve had quite the journey already and you haven’t even left yet!

Remember what I mentioned about have the sub-nav have a black background? You are half-way there as it turns black on hover, but it should really be constantly black.

I think with a few design tweaks here and there you will have a nice looking product. Remember, to pick up sponsors, especially people that may simply be donating online, you’ll need them to feel safe using the site. As it is right now, I probably wouldn’t feel safe donating through the site. But keep going, you’re getting closer.

leehughes

thanks, yeah i remember what you said about the width thing.. I had my px at 1150.. although I did want a full width website.. I haven’t got the time to learn a fluid design.

What do you mean with the sub nav?

Am a bit confused by that :)

Yeah, am gonna get sponsors and put there logos on the footer, hopefully giving my footer a nice kick to it.

Do you think i should get a safe sticker or something?

many thanks for your opinions :)

leehughes

Hi,

thanks for the support.

I won’t be keeping updates via his website as it’s not really anything to do with web design.

If you wanna keep up to date you can subscribe to the RSS if you like :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.