Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Filter Form – PHP or Javascript?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    StephBertha
    Participant

Hi there,

I have this form that needs to somehow filter out some links. Here is the look of it:
    http://postimg.org/image/vg9td8r6r/

So, if you check off something from Order Fulfillment and click Submit, the page will refresh and spit out a list of links for that checked item.

Is this something that should be done in PHP or Javascript? Are there any tutorials out there for this? I tried Googling, but couldn’t find anything.

Thank you.

TheDoc

You could use either or, really. I’m not really a form expert, though. I think you’ll want to search for something like “multi step php form”.

StephBertha
    Participant

I did Google that, didn’t find much. I’m not sure what you would call that, filter form? I Googled that, too.

__
    Participant

You want to select product(s), and then display a list of links for them, correct?

Is this really multi-step (do you want to be able to refine search results? i.e., should the form consider past selections in deciding what links to show? or is every request a “blank slate”)? You’re calling this “order fulfillment,” but the image you linked to looks more like a directory for downloadable product information – is it actually part of an order process?

Which language you would use would depend a lot on how you want things to work, and on the quantity/complexity of your products/links. If you only have a dozen or so products, with 2-3 links apiece, you could do all the work in advance, send the results along with the page, and use javascript to sort/filter them.

If you had hundreds of products with a dozen links apiece, then you might want to actually submit the form and have php do the work.

How are you saving your products/links? Are you using a database? Is storing/retrieving the data part of your question, or do you just need help building the form itself?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.