Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS ff3 not recognizing my css margin-botton attribute

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    rambro

Hi all,

I trying to use style="margin-bottom:20px" in a div statement. However, however in ff3 the browser is not recognizing this attribute. Any thoughts on this matter will truly be appreciated.

Here is the doctype I am using: <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd"&gt;

rambro

pab

have you tried putting that rule in your linked css file?

rambro

Hi pab,

What rule is that, do you mean I should put that doctype expression in my linked css file. I the doctype expression in my html file, but not in my linked css file. Can you explain further?

rambro

pab

you should put that rule in your css file with the rest of the css.

div#whateveryoucalledit { margin-bottom:20px;}

post a link to the site, that might help too

rambro

Hi pab,

Here is the link: http://rambro.ownstheinter.net/al_proje … info5.html

This is what is going on. After the pictures I would like some white space before I give a description. I definitely want to include the code in a separate css file, but at this point it should not matter. The problem here is that the style="margin-bottom:20px" is showing up in IE7 but is not showing up in ff3, which by the way, is very frustrating. I am using a <br /><br /> to make that "white space" between the picture and my text. However, to prove what you are saying I have commented out the <br /><br /> and I have commented out the css code in the html document and put it in my external .css file. Still no joy. Ok, I know I missing something here. Any ideas on the matter?

rambro

pab

hey rambro

I just looked at it real fast

img.im7 { text-align: center; width:300px; height:300px; margin-bottom:20px; }

i just added that little rule to that image to see and it worked,

I didnt check how it affected other browsers but it should be easy to make it work cross browser.

rambro

Hi pab,

Thank you it works. :)

I just don’t understand why the the outer div (which i call my container div), that I originally put the style="margin-bottom:20px" code in did "not" do the job. I am wondering why I had to put that code (through your suggestion) in the img tag in my .css file for it to work. However, the information provided helped me figure out the placement of pics in other parts of the site. Thanks again.

rambro

pab

I’m glad it worked out

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.