Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Feedback Please My first website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gilrap

I am new to web designing and have published my first website . Which is for toddlers and preschoolers.

http://www.toddlersworld.org

I have used bright colors ,lot of images (done in photoshop) .
    Please give some feedback on the layout ,navigation and color choices made.
    I know my feedback form is not working (need to fix it).
    If you guys can tell me solution for the form that will be great .

thanks

Preeti

I would try and work on generally toning down everything – it’s a little extreme for anyone spending a significant amount of time looking at the site. Bright colors doesn’t necessarily mean you need to burn out anyone’s retinas :)

I’d say take the saturation WAY down on that magenta (pink) background, and maybe bring the overall background down too. Then I’d take the drop shadows down to be much more subtle. It’s easy to go nuts with the drop shadows, but less is more for these kinds of things.

For the forms, being a beginner, I would check into Wufoo or something similar. Personally I use Machform, but to each his own.

Now, certainly take this with a grain of salt, but taking your existing elements, you can give them more depth and make them much easier on the eye with some tweaking:

[attachment=0]sample.jpg[/attachment]

gilrap

Thanks you very much for the suggestions . I will tone down the color.
    Should i change pink color in all the pages or just the index page.

thanks

Preeti

It kind of depends on what’s going to go on these pages. Maybe maintain the pink as a border??

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.