Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Feedback please…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tcindie

Hi all,

I’ve always been more of a coder than a designer, but I find myself having to do more and more design work as of late. I’ve attached a mock up of one of my current projects for your review & feedback.

Any input would be appreciated, as well as any tips you may have for me. I’m still trying to figure out how best to handle the actual content of the pages, as the text I’ve been given is very much on the lean side (ie: there’s only 2 or 3 short sentences for the home page).

Also, if anyone has any suggestion as to how best to handle the watermark I’d love to hear it. At the moment that’s more of a conceptual idea than a definite planned part of the final design, but I really like the look of it and want to include it if possible.

What I’m thinking is that I can have a container div that has the gradient background, and then within that create another div with the watermark set as the background and use a semi-transparent png. Obviously that will need an IE fix, but it seems the most lightweight way to handle this. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

[attachment=0]framework-screenshot.jpg[/attachment]

I know it’s rather dark, but that’s per the client’s request… they originally asked for it to be totally black, I think this is a good compromise without forcing visitors to stare at a jet black screen… So rather than the eyestrain of white text on black covering the entire page, the lighter background color will allow for an easier to read dark text color.

chazzwick

its a really great design, i really like it.

the gradient background doesnt not seem to be repeatable, so i am guessing you are going to use one big image for it. If so, you may as well just have the watermark as part of that image. If you are going to make the background repeatable, then, yes, i would have the watermark as a transparent png.

tcindie

Actually, it is repeatable, it will be a tall image that repeats along the x axis, with a solid color below it if the page extends beyond the height of that image..

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.