Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Feedback on this new design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    terra27

Hi
    I created this new design and would like any feedback.

https://webspace.utexas.edu/mterr/chalkboard/index.html

Thanks
    mike

TheDoc

I’m never one to not be straight with somebody, so, yea, disclaimer.

I’m sorry to say but this is just not good. There is not a single piece that I like. I’d offer you constructive criticism, but there’s really nothing I can go on to try to help you.

What do YOU think of the design?

thinkofmedia

Hi Mike

As an initial concept it could work. I would maybe look at some font changes.

And possibly less of a contrast in the colors. Might be worth looking at Adobe Kuler for the colors.

Post back again when you’ve done a little more content. Be nice to see how it develops.

terra27

This design for me was to continue working outside my comfort zone and learn from any feedback I get back. I guess it a bad design. I try to re-design it.:)

thanks
    mike

EamonnMac

I can’t seem to get into it – keeps asking for authentication. Is it still up?

terra27

Hi
    I went ahead and took it down. From the feedback I got it wasn’t a good design. So I am going to start all over again.

Also I have a question regarding photoshop and using it to design website. Do you need to adjust the setting in photoshop so the colors display correctly on different monitors? I read an article on the web and this is the first time I heard about adjust the setting in photoshop.

mike

EamonnMac

Different users can have different monitors, browsers, readers etc. – you can’t account for them all. The only way you can precisely set how a colour is supposed to display is by specifying that colour’s hexidecimal value in your css.

In other words, instead of saying:
    background: black;
    you say instead:
    background: #000000;

This acts like a reset – a browser uses the universally accepted hexidecimal value for that color rather than how its programmers felt that colour should be displayed. There isn’t a whole lot of difference, but the hex values do allow you to specify very exact shades.

A full list of these values is available on any number of sites. Try http://www:html-color-codes.com.

A hex value is six digits long and can contain letters (white is #ffffff). It takes the Red Green Blue attributes of the shade and specifies them exactly. So those six digits are actually three pairs – (Red is)ff (Green is)ff (Blue is)ff. You can use shorthand for these values if the three pairs contain equal digits, so black (#000000) can be written #000, grey (#eeeeee) goes like #eee and brown (660000) can be expressed as #600. Conversely a green shade with the value of #2b9900 cannot – the initial pair does not contain equal digits.

If you click on the little square that is displaying the current colour you are using in photoshop, it will display the various values of that colour – including the hex number you need for your css.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.