Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Feedback on this design, please.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    surelock

I am working on a corporate site for our company, the colors are their choice but the clean simplicity is mine. Anywho here is is http://back40group.com/.

Thanks in advance folks, I appreciate any feedback you may offer, please be constructive however, it will make any individual more receptive to your advice and suggestions.

Argeaux
    Participant

its a little boring if you ask me.
    simplicity is good, but this is too simple… maybe add some images to give it a professional touch.

surelock

Yes I do agree I will work on a logo on Monday and a possible background image. Thanks much.

pab

Site looks good at 800px wide, but when you view it in a bigger screen 1280px here (not that big)

the reading becomes borderline illegible,

you also might want to set a min-width to your site, so when folks decide to re size to smaller then 800 they don’t get stuff overlapping. also setting max-width would be a good ideal too to control the length of text

i would increase the line-height to improve readability, and maybe switch the font-sizes you got going, make the main content bigger then the sub content

also the menu is sightly off in ie6

surelock

All right thanks much I will work on it.

surelock

OK I am working on the graphics stuff and I added some graphics to the site. I do not like the swirly things (I hand drew them and added them) but I will leave them for right now. I am working on some more complex stuff for the background. I did bullet some stuff and changed several fonts around. I will work on the CSS stuff tonight or tomorrow.

surelock

OK I have finished adding graphics for now, and I need to embed the Swoop.ttf font and then I can tackle the CSS stuffs, thanks for all of your input.

cssgirl
    Participant

I’m not quite sure that this design reflects on you as a company as a "an Internet based web site which primarily retails books and video products to the general public". This looks more of a country inn type of design.

I’m on a wide screen monitor and it really breaks the design. the background image for the content kinda floats to the right so only half the content is on it. Also the font is way too small! I can barely read it, and the background image makes it that much harder.

I do really enjoy the green/yellow colors, and really like the header. The only thing is the font looks so plain and boring.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.