Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Feedback on new Design Studio Site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone, I just moved it into WP. Curious if anyone has any constructive criticism on what could be improved. I have not yet optimized it for anything except FF and IE 8, so it may be off on Chrome and IE 7, 6.

http://www.citrusbunny.com/

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Overall, the design is nice and clean. I like the side bar; I think you should have it on every page ;).

Some functional points:

When you hover over the top logo, it loads a new image, which creates an emptiness for .25 second (more for dialup). I recommend making your logo one image so they both load at start up

I’d do the same for your navigation. Have the background image always assigned to the link, just have it hidden outside the block.

The footer is strangely large.

In general, I try to stay away from clear PNG’s where possible (although I hear PNG 8 is fine in IE6).

Okay, I first off it is a nice site, however I would get rid of the useless white bar at the top – it takes up unnecessary space; and I would change your main logo, either have the speech bubble with "Studios" there all the time, or don’t have it at all, and if you get rid of it, I think you should make the logo bigger – in other words give it more character!

Luminated

I agree with Tom, except I rather like the white bar…but perhaps you can tie it in at the footer so it doesn’t seem so out of place with the rest of the design…perhaps have it that dark textured back that you have on the bottom? Or re-use it somewhere else.

Some other feedback…the logo is creative, but the main logo on the top left…at first I thought it was an eye looking at me head on. Yet the one on the contact page looks like a profile view of the bunny’s head. Which is it? Am I just seeing things? With that said, I think the logo could use some more personalization and style, right now it feels a bit too abstract for me to understand as well as understand what it has to do with any kind of web or graphic design. You have a section that explains "About the Bunny", but you never actually do explain anything of the sort or why you chose this particular image for your company, you just tell the user about your personal life. It would be really awesome to have an image that people can understand why you chose it, rather than just using something to use it. You are in the career and field of branding people’s entire businesses so it accurately portrays their business and products, so I would think you would want to show them that you can successfully do that with your own company first.

http://www.squaredeye.com I use these guys as a huge inspiration, since even with the abstract name, the image is holistic and the way the content is written really makes me identify with the company’s image. I used them as a base concept when I re-designed my company website (http://www.illuminateddesigns.net), as to hopefully portray an image that is clever, unique, but most of all, makes sense! :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.