Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Feedback on my WordPress theme

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    amplifiii
    Participant

Hi everyone, I asked for feedback on my WordPress theme (flatso – http://amplifiii.com/flatso/) back in November and the recommendations I received here were amazing (thanks again for all the input!)

I’ve since worked on the theme to tighten it up based on the advice given and have since submitted it to Themeforest for inclusion on their marketplace. On submission the theme was however rejected due to “design issues.”

As the feedback provided is not super descriptive I was wondering if anyone could provide some more detailed feedback/give their general opinion on the theme and what they think is necessary to make it more professional looking/desirable. Whats good, whats bad etc. All constructive feedback (no matter how harsh) would be greatly appreciated!

Flatso can be found here

Many thanks in advance for this.

Matt

JacobPeters
    Participant

First off, that looks really good, but you came here for critique not flattery.

The thing that really grabbed me as being a little odd was the size of the headings. Large headings tend to make people skim rather than focus. I know a lot of websites use large headings, but I think there needs to be a shift away from it.

I recommend reading these two chapters from Butterick’s Practical Typography
    Headings
    Websites

Keep up the good work.

mreider
    Participant

It looks good to me. I agree with Josh the mobile menu doesn’t fit the theme though. Maybe add some color to it will help out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.