Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Feedback on my site please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    welshstew

Ok, so I have my site, but I feel it lacks something.

Can you guys have a look through and suggest anything that will help the user experience and look & feel.

http://www.t-boardsuk.com

Cheers,

Stew

Hawke

I would some minor stuff to start :

1 – Align the ‘Last Video’ block with the block showing a skater in top. The ‘Last Video’ seem to have a higher margin-right than the skater.

2 – I would remove the top-margin of the body, so the hand of the skater actually touch the frame. There is too much white space on top of your website.

3 – There is a small padding on your top menu hover (tboards uk, what is it ? , etc). There is 2 or 3 pixels that stay the same dark gray insteand of going green.

4 – I would either change the top menu, or add a sweet hover effect on the main menu to make it less static. The skater in it’s perspective make the site dynamic, but the menu and everything else static is just killing it…

There’s just a few suggestions tough, do what you want with them :)

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I think Hawke had some great suggestions. There is some cool stuff going on in the design, but the grid really needs tightening up. I took a screenshot and drew some red lines in places I think the grid gets broken an could use nudging into place.

[img]http://css-tricks.com/forum-pics/grid-fixes.jpg[/img]

Jermayn Parker
    Participant

Im not much of a grid person (think they can be over rated) but Chris’s suggestions I would personally recommend.

I also woul dmaybe make the main image a little bit smaller as i think its a little bit over crowded up top. I do like the images over lapping though :P

welshstew

Thanks for the feedback guys, will look at tighten up the site and look to make the top menu more dynamic.

Do you think that restricting it to it’s current width is an issue?

If I increased the width, what other features do you think I should incorporate into the page to make it more user friendly and encourage revisits? More news items? blog entires etc?

Of course this will mean porting it over to a CMS, probably Joomla.

Jermayn Parker
    Participant
    "welshstew" wrote:
    If I increased the width, what other features do you think I should incorporate into the page to make it more user friendly and encourage revisits? More news items? blog entires etc?

Probably leave it as it is….
    White space is your friend and helps let the design breathe

welshstew
    "germ" wrote:
    I also woul dmaybe make the main image a little bit smaller as i think its a little bit over crowded up top. I do like the images over lapping though :P

hmm, yes, but I think it looks overcrowded due to the design width restricitions. This may change when I take into consideration all your suggestions.

welshstew

I wouldn’t take out all the white space, as personally I like it, and it also makes it feel like the skater will burst out and skate down the page.

However, I think there is some room to expand it a little without ruining the design.

Jermayn Parker
    Participant

I just feel that up top their is not enough white space. Down in the bottom half teh white space is great but it just appears to ‘top-heavy’…

immalik
    Participant

However the design was perfect, you need to work and expand the deisgn without ruining it Goodluck

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.