Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS feedback on my first site, help with ie

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    makermakes

I’ve just completed my first html5 css3 website. I used html5boilerplate and prefixr to make my css as cross-browser compatible as possible. My problem…. the site looks rubbish in all versions of ie. Not asking for much here, what I would like to know is:

should I start researching and implementing a variety of ie hacks?
    or
    should I create a new ‘ie only’ stylesheet?

feedback on your own experience with this would be well appreciated?

Thanks

MawnOh

I like it, except I’d speed up the animations and remove a bit of the fading. It would also be nice if you could bump the navigation up a little to avoid the fold.

MrDinsdale

I agree, faster animation and reduce the amount of fading. Apart from that I think its great! Love what you’ve done with it.

MrDinsdale

I’m not sure if your aware of this already or if it’s any concern but iOS doesn’t load this site well at all! Nowt some CSS can’t fix though!

makermakes

thanks heaps for the feedback so far. Yes I agree the fade animations could be faster, and I have started creating a ie stylesheet that targets only what needs special attention.

MrDinsdale I was made aware of that yesterday… I know boilerplate is a mobile first template yes? So… why does it look so terrible on mobile? (android and nokia browsers also) I am very inexperienced with media queries so don’t know where to start. I put my faith in boilerplate taking care of all that for me *sigh.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.