Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Feedback on a design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Vermaas
    Participant

Hi @Watson90,

I think the design is pretty nice.

I’ve only got one comment on this design: if you remove the logo of the website, this design can be used on every other website. If I were you, I would rethink the whole design. Sorry too say this, but despite the logo nothing is about basketball: no real basketball colors (too soft), too fancy picture borders etc. These guys are suppose to be the “tuff” guys, so the world they’re!

After seeing your capabilities (because the design looks quite nice) I’m sure you can make a fabulous website for your brother-in-law’s basketball team! Keep on the good work!

Watson90

Hi guys

I just want to thank you all for the feedback!

@stevencrader
    – thanks for that! I don’t know why I put the `-` in there, but that’s been sorted now :)

@joshuanhibbert
    – I have added a bit of spacing within the content of the page and also removed the 20px of padding I had at the bottom, also.

Regarding the footer, I have changed it to a more subtle colour, I think it looks better than being so bright like the navigation bar.

I also changed the font-weight of the heading tags from the default bold to `normal`.

Thanks everyone, hopefully I will start converting this to a WordPress theme soon so i will keep ya’ll updated :)

Watson90

@Vermass

Thanks for your feedback.

> Sorry too say this, but despite the logo nothing is about basketball: no real basketball colors (too soft)

I don’t really know how this is true because I have used many different shades of Orange, I can’t just throw in the only colour of a Basketball, I need to use quite a varied colour palette.

Vermaas
    Participant

A logo shouldn’t be the only brand identity on a website. It’s true that there’re a lot of website out there without a real identity, but that doesn’t say you have to follow them.

Can you replace the logo of MailChimp or Treehouse and completely remove their identity with that action? The one thing I try to say is: make it look like basketball.

About the colors: I don’t know. The colors doesn’t make me think about the basketball team, who’s gonna kick my ass next week. Basketball is a tuff sport, I would use hard colors.

Maybe it’s just a feeling, but think about it. I see you can deliver a really nice looking design, so it wouldn’t be a problem for a designer like you.

Watson90

Hi @Vermass

I understand what you’re saying :)

> The one thing I try to say is: make it look like basketball.

I wouldn’t really want to go down the road of adding little basketball images for bullet points and buttons, I just prefer to keep it clean and simple. I don’t know if that makes me less of an adventurous designer, but it’s just how I get things done.

If someone wanted to take my code and use it for another website, yeah I’d be pi*sed, but I’d also be like “At least they think my design is good enough to steal”

> I see you can deliver a really nice looking design, so it wouldn’t be a problem for a designer like you.

Thanks for the kind words, man.

Vermaas
    Participant

Cool! And I please don’t use basketballs as bullet points! :) Good luck!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.