The Lodge is members-only design/dev videos and Office Hours.

Next Office Hours Session: "Implementing an SVG Icon System" Nov 30 - 6:00 PM Eastern

Feedback is appreciated…

• # June 21, 2008 at 3:36 am

This is my company’s website. What do you think?

Thanks for all feedback!

# June 21, 2008 at 9:44 am

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

First I will say that I think it’s way harder to say it if you don’t like a design then when you like a design. Especially in a community like this one where you won’t offend eachother and won’t push down creativity.

Personally I don’t like your design so much. No effence, but for me it just misses something. Something to spring out of the rest. The menu is original, but a little annoying and so is the scrolling portfolio. Maybe change it in some kind of fading portfolio? I would remove the gradient behind the text and last but not least: how did you make this website? It has got a lot of garbage in the source-code…

I am sorry if I judge the website to hard, again it’s no effence, but I just don’t like it so much (yet?).

# June 21, 2008 at 11:13 am

No problem. The only way to get better is with critcism. It’s when people go over board that its not constructive. So, no offense taken.

First, yes, I agree, I need to change the scrolling portfolio, and I had a fading one in mind.
    I’ve actually had to go back and forth alot with redoing the entire site. Keeping a couple elements like the menu nav, but just redoing the whole thing. I find that alot of designer’s sites I visit impress me more when there’s something special like you’re saying.

Thanks for the input. I’ll redesign the site and let you know when it’s complete again.

# July 3, 2008 at 11:38 pm

Should be brighter but keep the interactivity going :geek:

# July 7, 2008 at 10:46 pm

I recently redesigned this entire site. In the next week or so, I’ll post it.

# August 15, 2008 at 1:17 am

Cool posters for the win! :P

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

There's a whole bunch of content on CSS-Tricks.

Search for Stuff   •   Browse the Archives

Get the Newsletter ... or get the RSS feed