Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Feedback for Web Design

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Pixel
    Participant

Greetings,

I would like to hear your comments/feedback on a design that was recently created. What would you change? What was the first thing you observed?

Design: http://oi62.tinypic.com/2yn03no.jpg

Thank you.

Junni
    Participant

it is a good design but can be more judged if there is any live link for this.

Pixel
    Participant

Thanks Junni, but why isn’t it a great design, an exceptional design, what is missing in your opinion?

I am currently focusing on web design, hopefully I get my designs coded once I start to get into the development stage.

nixnerd
    Participant

I don’t really like the dark background. If that were full screen… I don’t think it would be easy on the eyes and doesn’t look super clean. I’d go with a lighter colored background. Maybe even white.

__
    Participant

I am currently focusing on web design, hopefully I get my designs coded once I start to get into the development stage.

Meaning, right now this exists only as an image?

It looks fine as a starting point (as Joe says, the BG might be overwhelming… I’d actually suggest less saturation (closer to gray), and maybe some noise), but we can’t really judge it as a website when it’s not.

Pixel
    Participant

Thank you both, the background colour does look overwhelming. I sized it up to see how it look would like full screen and it didn’t look right so I had to re-structure and I introduced noise to the background which seems to suit it well. I tried white, it creates a too pronounced contrast, doesn’t fade in very well. Check out the re-design and your feedback is very welcome.

Re-design: http://i60.tinypic.com/30crcpd.jpg

grimslayer
    Participant

First impression was that the main image was little bit to small maybe try filling the screen a bit more which would show less of the background that others are talking about.

Camera icon mainly stood out for me, maybe a bit to big but if Im honest it does work as it is.

You have the main image in the middle with the other images faded to the right, when you click further into the images on the right would images then appear to the left.

Overall I like the design, its simple and clean looking. Icons are clearly viable but no obstructive.

Pixel
    Participant

grimslayer, I just updated the design. Let me know what you think!

grimslayer
    Participant

Colour scheme defiantly better, don’t personally like where the logo is now. Like the images as they are. I prefer the first design but with this colour scheme if that makes sense.

Pixel
    Participant

I like the logo centered as well. Check this and let me know if one could further improve it.

Re-design:http://i59.tinypic.com/jtnc6f.jpg

grimslayer
    Participant

Getting better :) well in my opinion anyway haha try moving the nav to the far left hand side of the screen and the same for the icons move them to the far right hand side.

Pixel
    Participant

I think so too! Loving the current colour sheme, it suits the overall look. I have moved the navigation. I have added the text “FOLLOW” to the left to create a more balanced look since I was initially going for symmetric design. What do you think of the overall typography? I have used Arial as a safe web-font.

Re-design: http://postimg.org/image/fogttq1bf/

serenade76
    Participant

Difficult to say without a live link, as to me, too simple as design presentation.

Mikko Laine
    Participant

maybe a drop shadow (more if there already is) to the current image. something like 0 0 40px rgba(0,0,0,0.8) (kinda hard to say without testing)

“FOLLOW” => “FOLLOW ME”

left/right arrows should be more visible.
    same goes to the buttons.
    don’t hide those. make them clearer.

uppercase text should have little bit of letter-spacing (0.04-0.07em)

google fonts instead of arial… maybe source sans or open sans or something like bitter? just browse the google fonts instead of just using something like arial.
    and since the background isn’t black, maybe something like 0 -1px 0 text-shadow to navigation and some other texts. (black, or XX% black) or -1px -1px 1px ? just try it.

Just a few things I would do… But don’t change anything because someone tells you to. change them if it makes sense or you think it looks better.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.