The slideshow did take a long time to load (3+ seconds) when I tried it in Chrome and IE9. The middle-right block isn’t loading anything in IE9.
Also your contact form overlay is problematic in IE9. After pressing ESC to dismiss the form, none of the links works nor can any text be selected. It looks like the overlay isn’t fully removed making it impossible to take any further navigation actions on the site. Everything works fine in Chrome though. I didn’t test this on a mobile browser, but, if you haven’t, you’ll probably want to make sure there’s some way to clearly dismiss the form on a mobile browser, such as a close button.
> The slideshow did take a long time to load (3+ seconds) when I tried it in Chrome and IE9.
All images are fully responsive (server generated) so the first load with a new ratio might take some time (for generating/caching the resized image) and the bigger the ratio the bigger the images that will be loaded. Can you verify if soft reloads also take that long?
> The middle-right block isn’t loading anything in IE9.
It should show my box-shadow pixelate example from codepen which should work on IE9 as far as I can tell via caniuse.com, will look into that
> Also your contact form overlay is problematic in IE9
I am not quite satisfied by the form myself as it is also problematic on mobile devices in landscape mode with a small height because it is centered via position fixed but is higher than the available screen height in some cases.
Will have to put some thoughts into this one as well i guess…
Yep, i will sure integrate something like that or include browserupdate.org when the site leaves “beta” stage
Soft reloads loads everything faster, although when I visited your site using Chrome (just directly loading your URL) the slideshow, nor the middle-right section loaded. The activity spinner just went on for over 10 seconds. I eventually stopped waiting, navigated to another page, then went back and it loaded ok.
I wasn’t able to reproduce this a second time, nor with IE9. So, this may have just been an aberration.
@TreeRoot Thanks for the additional Feedback! Might have been an aberration, agreed and should not happen normally. I sometimes have problems with cdnjs where most of the js libraries are loaded from which could cause such behaviour…
I did think about using http://browserupdate.org/ which we normally use for our projects but concluded to do something on my own because of the experimental nature of the site. “outdated” is imho not the argument in my case…
… but iealert sure looks far more promising than browserupdate.org :)