2. Super easy to set up, enjoy the labels, sorting, marking things as important, always being updated, etc etc
4. Can’t really think of anything. Would prefer it to be ‘outside’ of the Google-Everything atmosphere.
2. loads quickly, moves quickly, and links actually work when you click them. (sorry, comparing it to hotmail in my head)
3. the stuff in #2, plus what others have said–no spam, easy access, etc.
4. i really wish there was a more obvious way to sort by unread messages than the syntax in the search bar that even right now i can’t remember, and will probably have to google later (omg, it’s a conspiracy!!!11one). also, when they first implemented the new layout, it looked to me like a site with a missing stylesheet or something, just unfinished and stupid. i’ve since gotten used to it.
@karlpcrowley I actually have iCloud, my own IMAP mail, Yahoo, Hotmail, GMail all configured in the iOS mail client (overdoing it much, eh!)…but it doesn’t send push notifications for any of those except iCloud.
I don’t NEED them really, but the thing is, they all have their purpose:
– iCloud: because of the push notifications
– own IMAP: required to send email with my @senff.com address
– Yahoo: where I sign up for all newsletters and stuff
– Hotmail: is my Live Messenger ID, some of the people in my Messenger list use that to reach me
– GMail: same but for people who have me in GMail Talk/Google Chat
OK now that I wrote all this down, this looks ridiculous. :-/
I’ll check the GMail pushy thing. Although the thing I want/need most importantly, is to be able to send mail using my @senff.com address as both the “send as” and “reply to” address. Let’s see if Gmail can do that ;)
Push is enabled on my iPhone (I think this is a “all-accounts” setting, not “per-account”) but when I send a message to my Gmail, I don’t get a push notification. when I send to my iCloud, I immediately get notified. So it’s not iOS failing here, and GMail just doesn’t do it.
Every time I try to figure this out and make this work, I am reminded why I keep giving up. ;)