Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Favicons on WordPress Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    arrgeedesign
    Participant

I’ve been searching for this all over the place and i can’t seem to get it to work? Here’s the situation, I want to add a favicon to my website and I’ve followed the instructions I’ve found but I have no luck. I have a website that has a Blog that is located in a Subdomain and so far the favicon has only worked partially in IE and not in firefox. It doesn’t work in IE completely, it doesn’t appear on my Index page but it does appear once you enter to the other pages and it disappears again once you click the Blog Tab which is wordpress based. weird huh? Now the other problem is that when I use firefox, it doesn’t work at all???

This is what I’ve done: I’ve created a Favicon the right way (16 x 16, favicon.ico, etc.) I’ve placed it on my root directory and I’ve included this:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon" />

on the Head of my index file.

Now, how can I make it work on my Blog (WordPress)??? and, is there something different I need to do to make it work on Firefox? Please Help and Thanks in advanced….

Feel free to examine my site to see what i mean http://www.arrgeedesign.com

AshtonSanders
    Participant

You need to add it to your theme’s header.php file.

Open up your theme’s directory:

Code:
    /wp-content/themes/$THEME_NAME/header.php

Add it to the <head>, and save.

(btw, right now, your splash page’s header says:

Code:

Your link should either start with a "/" or a "http://www&#8230;.."

Don’t start links with "www."

arrgeedesign
    Participant

Thanks a lot, even though it was a very simple solution it really helped me out tremendously. BTW I ended up putting the same link in three places. On the head of my splash page, the head of my website and the head of my wordpress theme’s header.php page… I hope this helps other people the same way it helped me…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.