Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other favicon(.ico) plugin for photoshop windows

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sadunaresh
    Participant

Hi all,

I have been trying to have a good plugin or a software itself to generate a standard .ico file with different sizes.

what all I’ve done so far is,

went through Chris’s write up on this site, where in he used Iconslate for generating .ico file, that was good but Im using windows on my laptop…

googled and found a plugin for photoshop from telegraphics.com, that helped in saving my work as .ico, but when I link that .ico to my html, it is not working(not a browser issue coz, other standard ico from HTML5 boilerplate is working on my browser)

also I have issue in displaying html5 boilerplate favicon on IE and chrome…. dont know what reason is… expecting someone to guide me on this too…

on all.. my question is what is the best way to generate .ico on windows and make it display on all browsers….

Paulie_D

Chrome, as far as I know, doesn’t use favicons in the address bar.

It does, however, use the ‘favicon” as a bookmark image..so if you drag the link to the bookmark bar…THEN it uses the image.

sadunaresh
    Participant

Chrome, as far as I know, doesn’t use favicons in the address bar.

It does, however, use the ‘favicon” as a bookmark image..so if you drag the link to the bookmark bar…THEN it uses the image.

I agree with you..

if you open css tricks.com on chrome, we still see the favicon on the tabbing… right?

also favicon for css tricks.com displays on IE also

I would like to know how this can be achieved. Please suggest what is the best practice…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.