Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Faux Columns and CSS Sticky footer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    baffleinc
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’ve googled around and there doesn’t seem to be an explanation, however I was wondering if anybody knew how to use the faux column method for columns and the sticky footer method for, well, sticky footers in conjunction with each other.

If the page is less that 100%, then everything is fine, however if a page is more than 100%, as html, body and my wrapper are all set to 100% to make the footer work, nothing, not even background images can go lower than 100%. I have used a dual-layer sort of thing, but it’s hell dodgey.

Does anybody know a solution?

Thanks,

~Harley

friendofpugs

I just implemented the CSS Sticky Footer solution on my site, but I don’t have any tips for the faux column, getting it to bleed into the footer, etc. I suppose you could get it to come close to the footer, but the clearfix hack (at least this is the solution I’m using) inserts empty content (a "." or something like it) and this little bit is what’s keep the faux column from tiling completely down the page. But maybe I’m off my rocker here.

I also haven’t been able to successfully mix any grid framework with the CSS Stick Footer solution either, FWIW.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.