Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Fallback “font-size” When Using Google Web Fonts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dfogge
    Participant

Hey everybody!

i’m trying to use Open Sans Condensed (a google web font) on a site i’m building, and i want to ensure the fallback font (in this case Arial) will be relatively the same size if javascript is disabled.

after reading the typekit blog for awhile i thought i figured out the answer. i tried putting .wf-inactive h1 in my css and setting the font-size smaller, but that did nothing.

do any of you awesome people know how to do this?

chrisburton
    Participant

The fallback should naturally be similar in x-height.

dfogge
    Participant

@cnwtx, it’s really too bad about lack of support for font-size-adjust, but at least we have that to look forward to.

@traq
    , for some reason it hadnt really clicked that @font-face would still work without javascript until i read your post, thanks.

after testing on every device i have access to and all the emulators on Browserstack im only seeing one edge case where it’s defaulting down the fontstack. ironically it’s the Google Nexus One.

i’m going to take @ChristopherBurton’s advice on this one, and just pick a more suitable fallback font.

thanks for the responses!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.