Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Facebox Blues… (not working in IE for hidden divs)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I’ve looked all around the world wide internet web system database… and I can’t seem to find a solution.

Basically, I’m trying to show some display: none Divs through facebox. As usual and expected, it works flawlessly in FF. And as usual and expected, the divs aren’t displaying in IE. In Safari and Opera, too, as a matter of fact.

Anyone know a way around this? I could try Thickbox I suppose… but I don’t know if there is the same problem?

Thanks.

AshtonSanders
    Participant

I’m not familiar with Facebox, but thickbox loads a HTML document in the pop up.

Is that how Facebox is supposed to work: to show display:none divs?

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Yea… I’m sorry I can’t be of more use.

You said you were trying to display divs that were display none. Did you try instead displaying external HTML pages?

AshtonSanders
    Participant

Sure. Good to know. Thanks for posting.

Javascript’s display function in essence applies an inline style to the element. So it will replace a conflicting inline style if it already exists. It can’t replace the style if it’s located in an external style sheet…. and apparently that takes precedence in those browsers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.