Forums

• # May 16, 2009 at 10:08 pm

I’ve looked all around the world wide internet web system database… and I can’t seem to find a solution.

Basically, I’m trying to show some display: none Divs through facebox. As usual and expected, it works flawlessly in FF. And as usual and expected, the divs aren’t displaying in IE. In Safari and Opera, too, as a matter of fact.

Anyone know a way around this? I could try Thickbox I suppose… but I don’t know if there is the same problem?

Thanks.

# May 16, 2009 at 10:43 pm

I’m not familiar with Facebox, but thickbox loads a HTML document in the pop up.

Is that how Facebox is supposed to work: to show display:none divs?

# May 17, 2009 at 2:05 am

Yea… I’m sorry I can’t be of more use.

You said you were trying to display divs that were display none. Did you try instead displaying external HTML pages?

# May 17, 2009 at 12:01 pm

Sure. Good to know. Thanks for posting.

Javascript’s display function in essence applies an inline style to the element. So it will replace a conflicting inline style if it already exists. It can’t replace the style if it’s located in an external style sheet…. and apparently that takes precedence in those browsers.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

icon-anchoricon-closeicon-emailicon-linkicon-logo-staricon-menuicon-nav-guideicon-searchicon-staricon-tag