Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Facebook Gallery

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kevsyers
    Participant

Could someone point me in the direction on how I can make a photo gallery for my website that will pull photos from Facebook? I’ve been searching for how to do this for most of the morning and I’m coming up empty handed.

Thanks

kevsyers
    Participant

I just wanted to give this thread a bump in case anyone missed it. I’m still struggling in trying to find a solution to this issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.

cleanlines

Do you mean automatically, or you manually do this, and upload them to your server?

dfogge
    Participant

i tried to do something like this a few years ago. almost as soon as i was able to get it to work fb changed their api (within the same week i got it working on my end). also there were some annoying limitations, like for instance, the number of images it would display.

that being said, if you are using wordpress there’s this plugin which may still be functional: http://www.aaronharp.com/dev/wp-fotobook/

kevsyers
    Participant

@cleanlines – I’m aiming for something that would be automatic. My thought process was to have some script that would pull an albums id.

@dfogge
    – Unfortunately I’m not using WordPress. Everything that I found seems to be older code. Much like you mentioned it all became outdated when Facebook changed their api.

To throw another wrench in the works, I’m trying to do this on a fanpage and not my personal account.

kevsyers
    Participant

It only took 3 days to find something but here is something.

http://www.codeofaninja.com/2011/06/display-facebook-photos-to-your-website.html

It doesn’t work exactly like I want it to but I think it will do.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.