Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript Exporting HTML To Excel in IE11 – "Access is Denied"

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mhodges44
    Participant

I am needing to export an HTML report to excel in various different browsers (preferably solely on the client). I have put numerous hours into this problem, and I have working, browser-specific solutions for IE10+ and FF/Chrome. What I am seeking is a cross-browser solution as I cringe at browser-specific code.

http://codepen.io/mhodges44/pen/dGWZvN?editors=101

This solution is working in FF/Chrome and mostly works in IE, but I get the following error on the a.click() execution: “SCRIPT5: Access is denied.” I have programmatically triggered click events in IE11 before, so I am not sure why it is denying the execution. Does it have to do with XSS security with a file download or what?

Please do not respond with a “window.open(‘data:application….’)” solution or a navigator.msSaveBlob() solution because they are not cross-browser compatible.

Worst case, I just leave the browser-specific code, but hopefully there’s a solution I have not seen or thought of.

Thanks guys!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.