Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Explain this conundrum…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    I.m.learning
    Participant

I had this issue before, and I clear my cache every time I make a change through IE-tools [it’s irrelevant because…]

My images in my link do not appear when I visit my website. This fails through the link and by entering the direct URL in the address bar.

I download the html file, from the website, to my computer. When I open the html page in my computer, the image is there…
    why does it work on my computer, but not on the website?

Paulie_D

Sounds like a path issue to me.

I.m.learning
    Participant

It must be

http://www.honestlee.info/About/about-Brian.html [no image]
    http://honestlee.info/About/about-Brian.html [shows image]

I chose the latter; I didn’t think it would make a difference; maybe being on the server (which is www) it fails. It’s the simple things in life. It works now. I looked at the path and didn’t see an issue. Since you are well-versed in programming I decided to paste the link, when I put them in this post, that is where I was about to say “Pathing is not the issue because…then I saw the “www…” and then stopped.

I get no help from name.com. I sent them a ticket about another issue with them adding the old ASCII /ANSI ISO code (which will be on my site once I stop finding relevant information into character sets [did you know that both Steves from Apple used to work for Atari?] I didn’t until last night. That what my site’s all about…info

Thanks again, this is the, what, 5th time you’ve helped? Guess I best send you a check when I start making some money (if I can stop researching and actually FINISH a page).

Paulie_D

I don’t know which image is supposed to be missing, both of those links look the same to me in Chrome.

I.m.learning
    Participant

I just checked them in Firefox; both work as well. Why is IE so much different than Chrome and Firefox? I just checked in Opera too; again, they both work. But this is why I use IE, there are many issues that appear with that and not in any other browser.

One thing that college didn’t teach me, that critical thinking did, is to ensure to test appropriately. My first test is IE, because it has the most issues.

I’m getting there. I am just doing things many don’t think of because they are more concerned about slapping their sites with Google ads to make money rather than offering a site that doesn’t take time to load.

Maybe I just might hop on that bandwagon…if I could make $2000/ week that is.

Senff
    Participant

When I check in IE, I don’t see a difference between these pages either. Both work. In any browser I view it in, for that matter.

I.m.learning
    Participant

Senff, did you see my post? I had changed it so it works in IE now. Beforehand, however, this was not the case. For some reason, IE has different actions than Opera, Chrome, and FF…I have not checked any of my stuff in Safari because support for Windows has been removed.

The only way I can test my pages with Safari is to call mom and have her examine the pages on her tablet. Still amazes me that things that work well in 3 or 4 of 5 fails on the last (and they were the “masters” of software. I wrote about Teekid and his version of the LoveSan virus.

“I just want to say LOVE YOU SAN!!” and “billy gates why do you make this possible? Stop making money and fix your software!!”

After a decade, they still haven’t gotten the message!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.