Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS “eval()’d code”… What to do?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    davidhfp

I’m using WordPress to set up a website for a client, and I’m using a “freemium” theme I found online. In the footer I’m getting this code:

Warning: gzuncompress() [function.gzuncompress]: data error in /home/hfp/public_html/kesslerkreations/wpdev/wp-content/themes/titaniumifize9.6/functions/required/template-top.php(1) : eval()’d code(1) : eval()’d code on line 48

Other than that, the site is working fine. I’ve looked into the template-top.php file referenced in this message, but to my mostly untrained eyes it’s just gibberish. Anyone have any suggestions how to get fix the error?

(If you want to see the website, it’s temp address is http://kesslerkreations.hillsborofreepress.com/wpdev/ )

TheDoc

A lot of times when you use a free theme you are required to keep the theme author in the footer. I’m guessing you took it out.

davidhfp

Thanks for the tip Doc. But I went back and looked at the original files–before I ever started editing–and apparently I never did anything to the code in the footer for the theme author info. (It just automatically updates the copyright info to the name of the blog and doesn’t say anything about the author.) Any other ideas where and why this error might be originating?

TheDoc

It’s usually that you’ve taken out some sort of credit from somewhere.

davidhfp

Hm… Ok. I’ll keep checking.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.