Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Espresso and Coda ( similarities & differences )

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Hello Folks,

:?:
    What are the main similarities & differences between Espresso and Coda? AND
    What are the Pros and Cons of each app?

I am considering purchasing one of these, but I am not that familiar with them.

Cheers

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I think most people I know would say go with Coda – although I have no real logic to tell you why :D (I know I would buy coda… but im on a PC lol)

Im sure that wasnt very helpful at all LOL

pab

a few friends have tried espresso and swear by it now, definitely try all three text editor mentioned above, it really depends on your work flow

I am currently PC based, though I’m experimenting with running Leopard in VMware in order to trial Coda and Textmate. Having tried them I think I would switch to Mac in a second, but at the moment I just can’t afford it.

For my web dev I currently use Notepad++ with some addons (Explorer and FTP mostly).

Other PC people – what text editors do you use / recommend?

Rob MacKay
    Participant

I like dave, use notepad++ I used to use dreamweaver, but it wasn’t lightweight enough.

"box" wrote:
    Take a look at TextMate too – it’s the daddy of text editors on the mac. You can trial TextMate and Coda (Espresso is still in development), so have a good play with each before you buy.

I agree. I am just trying to get feedback from people that have tested them already. Good feedback is very useful.
    Anyone?

Espresso 1.0 is available!
    http://macrabbit.com/espresso/
    I am going to check it out.

Cheers!

Just thought I should point out… Espresso is part of the MacHeist bundle (though it is the last app to be unlocked) and in previous years all apps were (as far as I know) unlocked. Looks like a good deal. I’m a big Coda fan, and switching to Espresso seems a bit unloyal of me, but I need to download the app and try it out. I did try it out when it was in Beta, and definitely found it lacking, but perhaps it has been improved in the 1.0. Ultimately though, I think the competition is good, and Coda can only grow stronger as a result.

http://www.macheist.com/bundle

Check it out! I just got Espresso for only $39 plus other software.
    http://www.macheist.com/

What an awesome deal!!!

Matt

As of today, I’ll be using Espresso. I updated Coda today (after not updating in awhile) and got a nice message saying "Don’t pirate Coda… (et al)". I contacted Panic and they won’t honour my receipt of purchase. No problem with Transmit, though. For such a great company, they sure know how to ruin a day.

Textmate and Espresso will be on my dock for a while.

Rob MacKay
    Participant
    "Matt" wrote:
    As of today, I’ll be using Espresso. I updated Coda today (after not updating in awhile) and got a nice message saying "Don’t pirate Coda… (et al)". I contacted Panic and they won’t honour my receipt of purchase. No problem with Transmit, though. For such a great company, they sure know how to ruin a day.

Textmate and Espresso will be on my dock for a while.

well that sucks…

Matt
    "Robskiwarrior" wrote:
    well that sucks…

I got it sorted out. They took the time to go back and look at their order history and found they had a glitch in their system.

ulrike

does anybody know if there is any auto-formatting in espresso?
    that is the one thing that bugs me in coda. I mean formatting whole (html) pages, like you can do in dw, preferrably with tag libraries.

Rob MacKay
    Participant
    "Matt" wrote:
    I got it sorted out. They took the time to go back and look at their order history and found they had a glitch in their system.

ahh well thats good! :D

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.