Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Error on my website

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    henrikO
    Participant

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me what this error message means, and how to fix it?
    Fatal error: Redefinition of parameter $_ in /var/www/costacity.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/vantage/includes/reviews.php on line 71

It came up yesterday, and I dont know how to fix it, I have tried to reinstall a backup, but it does not help.

Regards

Henrik

Atelierbram
    Participant

WordPress theme related error.
    What has changed recently? Is this the most recent version of this “Vantage” theme, if so was it updated before or after the error message showed up. Is this theme’s version compatible with WordPress’ (itself) installed version?

Do you use a so called “child theme”? If so, was there a new plugin installed, or the fuctions.php file edited recently?

henrikO
    Participant

I tried to install the plugin Popup maker, and then it crashed. I dont know if it has something to do with that, but that was the only thing I did.

henrikO
    Participant

I have deleted the plugin again, but still does not work

Atelierbram
    Participant

Have you tried temporary switching themes like, for example, to WP-twenty-something-(six/seven)teen theme?

Atelierbram
    Participant

To troubleshoot maybe try a fresh downloaded version of your theme (rename it to something else: in the dashboard switch to that theme), temporary disable all plugins, and enable them back one by one: see when things start breaking again.

Atelierbram
    Participant

After trying all this, and the error is still there, start looking at the server, or server configuration issues. Not an expert there myself, but things that could have changed without you knowing (when on shared hosting) on a lower level, are for example, updates to Apache, or PHP which are not compatible with your current theme’s version.

Atelierbram
    Participant

@henriko Works again? If so, can you describe what fixed the error?

henrikO
    Participant

I had someone to help me, so I must say that I dont know what he did. But thanks for your support in here…
    But now all my listings and events on the site is not working, but the site http://www.costacity.com is online again, thats a start :-)

Atelierbram
    Participant

Good, looks like the theme was reinstalled.

For the “listings and events” is he still helping you?

Otherwise for DIY look for templates in the backup of your (child-)theme and copy them back in and upload. Look for templates like archive.php single.php, maybe page-listings.php to get those custom loops back.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.