Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Entering the Workforce !! *Portfolio Critique Needed*

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    maxwell

Hey Everyone !

It’s been awhile since I’ve had something new to post here, but I have been working on a new design for my online portfolio, as I am nearing the end of my last semester of design school here in Canada.

Here is the link:

http://www.maxwellariss.com/dev/index.html

The link I’m posting is pretty much just the framework of how the website will look and feel. I know the code needs some attention in terms of validation but I will probably leave that until the end.

I havn’t been able to truly test it out in Ie yet so there is potentially some horrifying bugs there… Lets just hope I’ll get lucky ;) And as always, any advice is welcome ! I’m still pretty new to all of this in the grand scheme of things and have a long road of learning ahead.

Hope everyone’s doing wonderful !

– Max

sliver37

Very nice, clean, portfolio-style layout, love the navigation and the slide-down gradient reveal in the content area :)

nutt318
    "sliver37" wrote:
    Very nice, clean, portfolio-style layout, love the navigation and the slide-down gradient reveal in the content area :)

I was thinking the same thing!

maxwell

Thanks guys :) I really appreciate it !

Techguy172

Overall the design is pretty good, I like it. However there are some tweaks that could be made, for example the contact form in the footer, when you enter text I find that is sticks out of the input box, and black on black perhaps isn’t the best choice especially for readability. I would instead chose white, and reposition it so the text is in the box.

I’m testing this in FF 3.6 on a Mac.

maxwell

Your absolutely right, I’m glad someone caught that !

Cheers !

Do any of you have any thoughts on the logo in the footer ? I feel like its possibly too cramped, but at the same time there’s something I like about it… decisions decisions !

maxwell

Thanks for the input Virtual,

Maybe the design does come off as large but its still scaled down from the sizing on my current portfolio ;) Which font size did you think was too big ? And the visibility of the captions will vary with scrolling depending on the screen size as I’m sure your well aware, I guess I was targeting screen resolutions on the larger end – it will still all fit on a 1024px screen but yea.

As for the site shouting, Id prefer a shout to a whisper !!

Thanks mate,

– Max

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.