Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS empty div height issue in skeleton framework?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    rav
    Participant

STRANGE, in default skeleton framework (html / css), if I remove the text content from last two divs (out of three divs appearing in a row at bottom) and then try to map these two ’empty’ divs height with first div height, applying height:100% to html, body, parent and all these three/last two divs.

The height doesn’t set proper to any element. Moreover height appears strangely different when viewed in browser (mozilla / chrome) with and without keeping open the ‘inspect element’ panel .

Can anybody explain, why this happen. And how height for empty div can be achieved in this case.

@mamuz, I’m talking about the skeleton default code [html/css package] which one can be downloaded from download section of skeleton website i.e. [http://www.getskeleton.com/][1]. I tried adding height attribute for three divs those appear bottom in the section next to each other in a row with heading ‘About Skeleton’, ‘Three Core Principles’ and ‘Docs & Support’ respectively.

I added following lines in layout css:

`html {

height: 100%;
    }

body {
    }

.main {
    }

.first-child, .second-child, .third-child {
    }`

Apart above code and adding classes name in html to respective divs, I just made second and third div empty and left the text content in first div only. To see if second and third divs match to the height of first div.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.