Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS embedded movie layer problem with two tiered drop down menu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    peoj
    Participant

I have a nice two tiered vertical drop down menu. It works great except for the page with an embedded movie. The menus second layer shows up underneath the movie instead of on top.

How can I fix this?

I was having this problem with all the pages showing up under the info in another div tag. I fixed it by making the sub menu class have a z-index. I’m patting myself on my back for figuring that out :) !

Any ideas on what I might do to alleviate this problem. BTW, it works fine in Firefox but not IE 8 and Chrome. Thanks for any input you might give. I’m not exactly new to CSS but am seeing how much I didn’t know.

Peoj

ylc66
    Participant

hi peoj,

any link so we could have a look ?

peoj
    Participant

Thanks for trying to help me. I found the answer. For other information if ever needed, in the embed tag, I added : wmode = “transparent”.

I have no idea why this works. Is an embed tag the same as Iframe?

I couldn’t make it live cause my boss would not like me doing that since the website has not been authorized yet. I will come back and post once it is authorized. It might help someone in the future.

Peoj

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.