Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS ellipsis not working in select menu options

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    matthewb

Hi Warriors,
    I need to make the options of the selectmenu fixed width. Can anyone help me out in this, it should be compatible with all browsers ie8, ie9, safari, opera, FF, Chorme.

I have tried something here:

http://jsfiddle.net/t5eUe/48/

StevenBullen

You might want to let other people weight in as well, but I believe you don’t have much control over the option styling across browsers that will work perfectly.

An idea that will work but involves a little more work is something like this done with jQuery and CSS Reinventing a Drop Down with CSS and jQuery

Granted not everyone has Javascript turned on and of course if you do only one thing with jQuery the extra page load is a pain, but in this era of browser differences I would rather go with that that than rely on the browser to do the work.

matthewb

@StevenBullen

Hey,
    Link which u gave was good but i was looking to apply ellipsis and apply fix width to “option” tag in default browser theme.

In Reinventing a Drop Down with CSS and jQuery In this if you add a longer string to the

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.