Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Elements Out Of Position in Chrome

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    grovesk

Hi

I’ve got a problem with some menu bar tabs appearing out of position in Chrome. They are correct in FF and IE8. Can someone have a look and let me know what the problem is?

Here’s the dev site: [Dev site…](http://grovesdesign.net/clients/groves/index.html “Dev Site”)

Appreciate any tips.

Thanks, Karen

Senff
    Participant

It’s a basically because in Chrome, the intro H2 text “Going away for awhile and want your house and animals cared for? We offer short and long-term housesitting!” takes up only two lines, whereas in Firefox, it takes 3.

The quickest way to fix this is to give the .title a height of 190 pixels.

However, if you want to fix it properly, you’ll need to dig into the way the H1 and H2 are displayed. On Firefox it looks much heavier, not sure if you are OK with that or not.
    Not everything has to look exactly the same in every browser, but you might want to give that a deeper look, regarding the font size/spacing/weight of those fonts.

grovesk

Ah.. so simple! The word-wrap of .title hadn’t even occurred to me as being the issue.. thanks so much!

And yes, I will dig deeper b/c while I am not OCD about font display, I do like them to be close at least.

Thanks, Karen

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.