Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Element Width and Background Issues in IE7/8

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    griffinjt

Hello,

I have been developing WordPress websites for a while now and I have come across an issue that I’m not quite sure how to fix. It involves setting a width for an element that is larger than its parent element and having a background span that full width in IE.

To view an example, please go to this page: http://shooters.tgmtestserver.com/about/

Basically the container box, #content, is 780px wide, but the full width of the page area is 824px. I have set that width to 824px for the area that contains the title, set a negative margin so that it aligns with the page, and set the background color. This works fine in every browser that I have checked except for IE7/8 (go figure). I have tried everything I know of to get it to work correctly in IE, but I am simply stumped and need some help.

I really do not want to reconfigure the layout at this point, so any help to address the issue without reconstructing the layout would be preferable.

As a aside, the logo is having the same issue, but only on pages not on the home page. I really don’t understand why it works on the home page but not on any of the other pages (it is supposed to stick to the very left side of the page area), so any ideas there would be great too.

Let me know if you need anymore info and I will try to provide it!

Thomas

griffinjt

Can anyone give some help with this?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.