Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End editing wordpress php files without ftp

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

Is there a way to work on and view all the files I am working on without have a live website or without ftp just working locally like you would html, css, and java.

Thanks

Rob MacKay
    Participant

yes – you need to use XAMPP or one of the others, that will let you run PHP locally and then you can test and edit stuff locally too :)

ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

Thanks man I figured there was something out there and just couldnt find it. Thanks for the fast response.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

No probs :)

ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

Ok so I have been trying to figure out the program you suggested but it not very user friendly and I cant actually figure out how to make it work right… Is there another program I could use thats more user friendly?

Rob MacKay
    Participant

Well the one I used before XAMPP was

http://www.wampserver.com/en/

It might take a little while to figure out but once you get it, it’s pretty simple.

ArchDesignLabs
    Participant

I actually figured out XAMPP last night and it works like a charm just took we using my brain for a little. Thanks again

Rob MacKay
    Participant

yea it takes a few mins – but works really well once you get it :D

I prefer XAMPP too :)

jhurilla

How do I setup an FTP site with Dreamweaver using godaddy as my host? I bought my domain and I got 5 free hosted web pages from godaddy and I am creating my website with dreamwever.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

http://help.godaddy.com/article/5005 <– Google is your friend :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.