Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End Editing page or post. Breaking space?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    LinCSS25
    Participant

When you are creating/editing a page or post in wordpress you have 2 options right. Visual or HTML edit. (the tabs to the right)
    I always edit in HTML because I know it. I can easily use </br? or &nbsp; to get space between paragraphs heading etc right.

I just discovered that if you switch modes, say switch to "visual" mode and save it, your space breaks etc go away. I go back to the HTML view and sure enough they are gone and I have to do it all over. They stay there as long as I save out in HTML mode and dont mess with visual.
    THe problem is I am going to be handing this page over to clients who will need to use the visual way of creating and editing. Is there a way in that mode to get these line breaks??? I cant find it for the life of me.

Another thing that confuses me is, I have multiple WP sites I am working on. 1 of them (my personal site) doesnt even give me the option to create/edit in "visual" mode. I dont know if that is a setting you can turn off or on or what. I am running the same version of WP as the ones that have both options.

Anyone have insight on this subject?

TheDoc

Holding shift and hitting enter (return) will result in a line break (<br>).

Having said that, if you need to use that to separate items from headers, etc, you should really be updating the stylesheet with larger margins instead. It is guaranteed that clients will eventually forget to do things – it’s best to keep the most amount of control that could break the overall design of the website out of their hands.

Regarding the missing visual editor…

Try going here: Admin > Users > Your Profile
    Ensure that the "Disable visual editor" is unticked.

TheDoc

No problem! The forum would be pretty boring if people weren’t asking questions! :D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.