Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other eccomerce newbie needs basic advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rubistarr

I am a newbie at css and eccommerce. -though not new to design and basic html etc.

I want to design a site that sells one main product in a few of different sizes and colors.
    I specially want it to be very easy for a user to purchase preferably with an opc – one page checkout.

It will probably not handle many transactions in a day as it is more of an expensive specialty item.
    an example product could be a pair of really unique rollerblades that come in different sizes and colors

should I:

a. set up a paypal pay now button for each product and skip a shopping cart all together
    b. use a free shopping cart and if so which one…magenta, zen cart etc
    c. use a custom order form such as the template one given on this site and direct it to paypal.
    d. use a shopping cart such as foxycart even though it has a monthly fee and will not be needed for quite awhile.
    e. use a form builder like woofoo to build a free order form and update to a payed version once I get that many purchases….

basically I would like to know the best, easiest, and most cost effective way for both me and the person the site is for to have an eccomerce site up and running.

Also, on a similar note..Ideally the business owner wants to have BOTH himself and the distributor notified automatically when a purchase is made. So there is no middle man. Any advice on how to accomplish that fun bit of coding will also be appreciated.

I second ikthius…. start small first, with Paypal, and then once you know you have a product that sells and you have an income, then look into more advanced options.

rubistarr

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. It is nice to know what the "pros" recommend :) I have been doing so much research.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.