Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] Easy way to code onepage website with responsive text?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nadja_
    Participant

Hi there!

First, I’m not a pro at all. But I know some html/css coding. And if you explain it to me with as many details as possible, I will understand and appreciate it a lot! :)

So, here is what I want to do:
    A onepage website with only a background image where I want to put a (centered) small graphic and underneath little information. <- this is not the problem

NOW I want the text and the small graphic to be responsive so it looks fine on mobile devices as well. So far my website looks fine on my screen, but on my mobile the text is too small!

Is there an easy way for you to explain it to me?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Nadja_
    Participant

Thank you Senff!

I put the code in my header, but I don’t think this helped.

How can you help me without me needing to post the link here? :D I don’t want it to show up anywhere as I’m still testing obviously…

But you know, it’s with any website without responsive coding. On my mobile I need to zoom in to be able to read the text. And I have the font-size on 20px.

I thought there is an easy script plus code to implement which says, use this font-size for mobile and this size for desktop etc.? No? :D

gonzaloquintas
    Participant

First of all, I´m a TOTAL NEWBIE with coding and english is not my language, but have you tried setting the font size in “em”? As far as I know, the em is a unit based on the default font size that uses the device/ browser used.

So, if you set font-size:2em, the text will be showed 2 times the default size of the browser and so.

Nadja_
    Participant

Thanks @gonzaloquintas. This helped! :) It will work for now.

gonzaloquintas
    Participant

Thank YOU!
    Being capable of helping in a subject that I´m not very familiar with was super satisfying :)

Good luck!

gonzaloquintas
    Participant

VERY interesting article. Thanks for sharing!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.