Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design Easy Ipsum – personal site

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    ben davidson
    Participant

Hi,
    I’ve been learning css and html for about 3 months now – this site is a kind of personal project (and my first coded site) to help practice and also a quick way for me to copy and paste dummy text into my future projects. As it stands Norwegian isn’t up yet (this is where I work) and I’ll be adding more languages but before I do I was hoping to get a bit of critique / feedback / ideas. http://easyipsum.com/

Thanks! :-)

Ben

lock
    Participant

I like the design a lot! Very clean.

Have you thought about using :last-child on your last column instead of :nth-child(2) to zero out the margin?

ben davidson
    Participant

Hi Lock,

Thanks for your comment! And thanks for the tip with nth-child – I’ll do that! :-)

Bruce Harman
    Participant

A neat and clean design. I like it! If you are going to add too much languages (5 or more), a drop down list will look much good. :-)

ben davidson
    Participant

Thanks Bruce! Totally agree about the drop down! :-)

Steven
    Participant

Nice looking site.

With the Norwegian Ipsum I might not have to visit sagadb.org to grab random text ;-)

John
    Participant

Looks good. Now just add copy to clipboard feature.

John
    Participant

I kinda like the display of the flags. But if you do a drop down, I’d still keep the flags in the drop down.

ben davidson
    Participant

Great idea about the copy to clipboard John, I will look into doing that as I don’t have a clue how!
    Jerba I love the icon and style of the drop down you have done! I would love to use this if that’s ok with you?
    Thanks for your input everyone :-)

Telinc1
    Participant

For copying and pasting you should look into JavaScript’s execCommand('copy') function. The MDN definitely has information on it, might be mentioned on this site as well.

ben davidson
    Participant

Thanks Guys! I’ve managed to get that working – on the first column for now. (In chrome anyway) :-)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.