Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Easiest CMS for clients to use?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Steven Morgan
    Participant

I am a big WordPress guy but I am finding that some of my extremely illiterate clients find even that, too difficult to use.

They want something where they login and bam, pages are listed right across the top and then can edit it through there. I guess somewhat like a WYSIWYG editor, but not completely. If that makes any sense?

Is there anyway to simplify WordPress? Any really simple (backend) CMS’s that still allow me to do complex stuff functionally wise?

sayedtaqui
    Participant

WordPress can be simplified, why don’t you remove all those options that your client doesn’t have to use.

Senff
    Participant

I have found that the Admin Menu Editor plugin is very useful in cases like these — you can reorder the WordPress admin’s menu (on the left) to show the more important features at the top and all the stuff that’s less important (to the client) in a separate group.

Makes things a little less overwhelming for the client perhaps.

LinuxGeek
    Participant

That’s too bad, because WordPress is definitely one of the more intuitive systems out there. I agree with the user that said ExpressionEngine is nice, but I don’t know that will be necessarily easier than WordPress for your clients. This list has some alternative CMS options and breaks them down a bit. Give it a look. Hope this helps. http://www.wiredtree.com/blog/5-content-management-systems-you-should-know-about/

TheDoc

I set up a client on Kirby and thought they might be put off by needing to edit their pages in Markdown but they actually really enjoyed it. Haven’t been following Kirby much lately but it would be great if somebody made a plugin that gave you side-by-side Markdown editing (Markdown on the left, visual output on the right).

__
    Participant

Haven’t been following Kirby much lately but it would be great if somebody made a plugin that gave you side-by-side Markdown editing (Markdown on the left, visual output on the right).

@TheDoc You might be interested in hallo.js. Look at the markdown demo page. I’m using this in a current project – if I have time to get back to trying Kirby again, I’ll see if I can figure out how to do a plugin.

pixelbot
    Participant

I’m working on a new CMS called 900dpi that’s very simple for clients to use. Basically it just shows them the website and they can click on editable regions (defined with a CSS tag) to change content. It is automatically hosted on our site, and pulls files in through dropbox. We’re in private beta right now, but if you want an invite you can email me at abby(at)900dpi. It may be a good product for your clients.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.