Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other E-Commerce

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ckester

Hello everyone,
    I’m a new web designer and a huge fan of css-tricks. I recently got an offer to create an e-commerce website for a client. Now this client is just starting to create their own e-commerce website. I looked into foxy-cart but I’m pretty sure if I tell them that the $15 month for foxy + $8ish a month on hosting + credit card fees information that they might not be a big fan of that.

I know there are some free shopping carts out there but since I haven’t ever used any of them I’m interested in getting your opinion to cheaper alternatives to foxy-cart.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

mmm if they dont want to spend $15 a month for foxy and $8 a month on hosting and a little on card fees for actually reciving money, I would walk away. The client obviously knows nothing about business… $23 a month overhead for your whole store to a nationwide if not global audiance… I would like to see them set up a chain of global stores for that much…

People like that worry me.

TheDoc

Also, while shopping carts may be free, you still need a service to process credit cards, which will be a monthly fee regardless.

By the way, the $15/month for FoxyCart does not actually include a payment processor, so you’d be need to get that as well anyways.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

I am in agreement here.

FoxyCart + PayPal Pro is $45 a month. If that amount of money would make-or-break an eCommerce buisness, they might wanna reconsider the plan :?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.