Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Dynamic div content : width not loaded in Safari

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    trouille2
    Participant

Hello everybody,
    I’m going to turn crazy here.
    I try to find a way to fix this problem I have in Safari (mac at least) : on this page, http://www.eleven-intl.com/communication/ the title on each image should appear in white on a red background. In chrome, firefox, explorer, it works fine, but in safari, it doesn’t respect the width of the div.
    It’s as safari was applying the background to an empty box, before the dynamic text was implemented in the div.

The div is in display block or inline-block. If I change it with inline-table, it works, but the padding is not well understood by Safari.
    If I make any change in the “inspect element” tool in Safari (even a break-line in the css code) everything works. So it’s really on the page loading.
    Does anyone has an idea?

Kingslayer
    Participant

http://abload.de/img/bildschirmfoto2014-07b6kl8.png i do not see any width problems. i only see that “display:inline-table” is creating a problem remove that and it looks fine to me o0

trouille2
    Participant

Sorry, I’ve just replaced inline-table with “block” and now you should see the problem.

Kingslayer
    Participant

can you create a fiddle with the relevant content. But for me it works with “inline-block”

trouille2
    Participant

Kingslayer : Yeah I know, if you change the “display” param in the “inspect element” tool, the title is directly well displayed, even if you just add a space next to “block”.

trouille2
    Participant

Wolfcry911 : (nice name) It’s a rest of test I’ve made, I just removed it and it doesn’t do it.

trouille2
    Participant

The thing is that code is generated with js. trough “Galleria” slideshow.

div.galleria-info-title and div.galleria-info-description tags are basically params in img tags.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.