Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS dropdown menu not showing when I hover on menu

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sunettew
    Participant

Hi

I followed the following link: http://csswizardry.com/2011/02/creating-a-pure-css-dropdown-menu/

I copied the css exactly, no changes made to the code.

My code:
    `
    <ul id=”nav”>
    <li>
    <%: Html.ActionLink(“Configuration”, “Index”, “Configuration”, null, new { @style = “color:white; font-family:Calibri; background-color:#008B9A;” })%>
    <ul>
    <li>
    <%: Html.ActionLink(“Users”, “Index”, “CreateUser”, null, new { @style = “color:white; font-family:Calibri; background-color:#008B9A;” })%>
    </li>
    <li>
    <%: Html.ActionLink(“Create New User”, “CreateOwn”, “CreateUser”, null, new { @style = “color:white; font-family:Calibri; background-color:#008B9A;” })%>
    </li>
    </ul>
    </li>

</ul>
    `

This is a partial view link to my master page.
    If I comment out the left:-9999px; then I can see my submenus.

Thanks.

Paulie_D

We can’t do much with that little snippet in isolation.

Could you make a Codepen.io example?

sunettew
    Participant

Hi

I’ll try. Don’t know how the codepen.io work. :-(
    How do I show partial.ascx and master page links? This is mvc.Net but I was told the issues is pure css. That is why I tried the link. In codepen.io it works but not with my partial and master page. Maybe it hides the submenus?
    I’m confused.

When I commented out my menu code and did the examples li code, it still didn’t show the submenus when I hovered.

Can I post an image?

Thanks

sunettew
    Participant

Hi

It works in IE 7 but not in 8 or 9. How do I get it to work in 8 or 9? Or set it in compatibility mode?
    Thanks

sunettew
    Participant

Got it working. Had to put the following in my master page.

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9" />

Thanks guys for your help and suggestions. Really need to upscale my css skills as it is lacking a bit.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.