Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS dropdown header

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cheese

Hi,

I was looking through a few websites and I found this one: http://brynnshepherd.com/web/index.php?id=4

I was wondering if anyone would have a few minutes to explain how this works, or if you could point me towards some tutorials for this technique. I think the dropdown header would be ideal for contact information with things like address, embedded google map etc.

zackw

theres many different ways to do it, im guessing that using javascript to show and hide the header on mouse click is the easiest way, with a slide effect that could be achieved by changing the absolute positioning in a quick time interval, however i dont write JS so i cant give you the actual code sorry, but u might be able to download some pre-built ones if u search for them

cheese

I see form the source code there are two javascripts running, I was just wondering what you would call this technique so that I can search for it and read a bit more.

I have never seen anyone use this at the top of a site before, I quite like it.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Search worpress, I have seen numerous tabs like this in wordpress websites that say “Feedback” but they are on either the left or right side of the page. If you check the source code i think you might be able to compare the two and determine which is which.

eXo
    cheese

thank you very much for all the help, I will start reading up on jquery.

the demo is perfect.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.