Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS Drop Down Menu in IE6 and z-index

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Everything seems to be functioning fine in ff, safari, chrome, ie7…. and the HOMEPAGE in ie6 is fine… but I cannot for the life of me get the dropdown menus to appear above the content on any of the inside pages. I have been messing around with absolute and relative positioning with z-index, but I just can’t get it to work. Any help greatly appreciated!

p.s. i have conditional stylesheets

url showing problem: http://www.hotelgrandpacific.com/meetings-banquets

Rob MacKay
    Participant

Hey :) yea its a pain in the bum eh :)

have you tried adding

<!–[if lt IE 7]>
    <script src="http://ie7-js.googlecode.com/svn/version/2.0(beta3)/IE7.js&quot; type="text/javascript"></script>
    <![endif]–>

to your header?

IE6 is evil for those kinda CSS menus hiding themselfs…

I saw that in another thread… my only concern is that I am already using a different script to handle png’s (and I think it is better as it does tiling backgrounds and whatnot) and I have heard that the ie7.js doesnt work great with cms’ (this site is built with Drupal).

Rob MacKay
    Participant
    "creativestable" wrote:
    I saw that in another thread… my only concern is that I am already using a different script to handle png’s (and I think it is better as it does tiling backgrounds and whatnot) and I have heard that the ie7.js doesnt work great with cms’ (this site is built with Drupal).

yea dont worry about that – it will only work if you lable your pngs specifically, like this.

myimage-trans.png

it needs the -trans bit for it to be picked up by ie7.js

Hey – you can give it a go, then delete it :) using wordpress I have had no issues… Might not even fix the problem :)

I gave it a shot and it did not solve my problem (it actually made it worse by getting rid of some of the styling on the dropdown). Id like to try that script sometime though.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

ahh well – it was worth a blast eh :D

I will have another look again, let me know if you get a result though, just so I dont come back in a week and you have done it LOL

Good luck though!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.