Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other Downright bizarre IE bug – "operation aborted"

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    daGUY

So check this out. Go to my site in IE6 or IE7. The page will partially load, and then you’ll get an error message:

Quote:
    Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http://home.comcast.net/~daguy/.
    Operation aborted

Click OK, and the site is replaced with a generic "the page cannot be displayed" message, as if it were down. Yet it’s obviously not (since it partially loaded), and you can prove it by viewing it in Firefox, Safari, Chrome, etc.!

Bizarre, right? So I searched around for an explanation. Apparently, it happens if you have "lots" (I don’t know a precise number) of JavaScripts loading on your page and one of them is located inside the body tag. The solution is to remove/relocate the script that’s inside the body.

I haven’t tried the fix yet (obviously), but just a head’s up to anyone else who’s encountered this – it really stumped me for a bit!

AshtonSanders
    Participant
    "daGUY" wrote:
    it happens if you have "lots" (I don’t know a precise number) of JavaScripts loading on your page and one of them is located inside the body tag.

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t matter how much javascript you have; it’s more a matter of your javascript running into eachother. I had a similar problem with mootools and a Javascript Video Player…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.